We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants Suggestions for NY Eve

Saitama, Japan
Level Contributor
70 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants Suggestions for NY Eve

I am going to spend New Year's Eve 2012/13 at Auckland Central with my son and my husband. I saw the post below (Aug 16), and wonder if it would be safe to make a reservation at a restaurant for the night, as many people will hang around and look for one.

Since my 14-year-old son hates to stand in line, I think I had better look for a restaurant in advance.

CityLife Auckland is the hotel we are staying. Any recommendation for a resaurant to have dinner and wine (not for my son, of course!) on NY Eve? We love seafood and Italian. Do many people eat while watching the fireworks? If so, then we would like to go to a place in a good location to watch them.

Saitama, Japan
Level Contributor
70 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants Suggestions for NY Eve

I just want to add -- I said "restaurant," but we prefer casual eating places, like tavernas in Greece, where we enjoyed seafood and wine last year. We like to hang out in a T-shirt.

2. Re: Restaurants Suggestions for NY Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, August 24, 2013