We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

will a 2:00 rugby game allow me to catch a 9:45pm flight

Which Auckland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
132 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
will a 2:00 rugby game allow me to catch a 9:45pm flight

Hi all! My husband and I would love to see a rugby game while we are in NZ. I found a Warriors game on August 19th a 2:00pm. Only problem is my 9:45pm flight back to the United States.

Do you think we will be able to see the game (or the majority of it) and still make it to the airport?

We will be renting a car so we can store our bags in there and then drive directly to airport if necessary.

Thanks!

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: will a 2:00 rugby game allow me to catch a 9:45pm flight

Hi

If you are going to a Warriors match in Auckland it will be at Mt Smart Stadium which is on the same side of the city as the airport. It is also close to SH 20, the motorway that will need to take to get to the airport.

The game will be 80 minutes (40 minutes each half) so if you allow 2 to 2.5 hours overall to allow for half time, parking etc you should have plenty of time to go to the airport.

You may already realise this but be aware that the Warriors play rugby league which is different to rugby union as played by the All Blacks.

NZ
Level Contributor
169 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: will a 2:00 rugby game allow me to catch a 9:45pm flight

Agree, you'll have plenty of time if you're keen to see the Warriors. If you're looking for rugby you'll most likely need to head for Eden Park - which is also on the same side of town. you could see a club or provincial game depending on when you're traveling. You could try googling or emailing Auckland Rugby Union to get an idea of fixtures.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,072 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: will a 2:00 rugby game allow me to catch a 9:45pm flight

If the OP is a typical American the differences between rugby and rugby league with all respect will be lost on them. If they have never seen either game before they will get a good example of either code by watching professional rugby league. Mt Smart stadium is about 30 munites away from the airport so you will have plenty of time.

If you are leaving a rental car near the park with your bags etc in it place as much gear as possible in the trunk ank and dont leave anything of value in view from outside the car. Out of sight out of mind in case some burglar happens to be passing.

Enjoy the footy and Go the Warriors.

4. Re: will a 2:00 rugby game allow me to catch a 9:45pm flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, July 31, 2013