We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xmas in Auckland

Balham
1 post
Save Topic
Xmas in Auckland

We're planning on visting some friends this Xmas over in Auckland. I realise that flying to this part of the world over this time period is going to quite expensive. Are they any good tips someone could help us with, which airline has good deals? any good days to go? We are looking at flying out from London on the 20th Dec and returning around the 10th Jan.

I know this is a long shot, but any help is useful.

Mentioned in this post
Auckland
Auckland
North Island, New Zealand
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
25 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xmas in Auckland

Jason,

We just booked a trip to Adelaide, Australia, and Auckland, NZ, for Xmas as well (arriving in Auckland on 26 Dec). We found great deals on the Air NZ website. I would also suggest checking with a ticket consolidator such as www.flights.com. I've found great prices on international tickets at that site.

Best wishes,

Ryan

Mentioned in this post
Australia
Australia
South Pacific
Auckland
Auckland
North Island, New Zealand
Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,352 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xmas in Auckland

Jason,

Check with AUSTRAVEL and also Trailfinders.

You are lucky as there are many deals to be had travelling FROM the UK to New Zealand.

It is also a great idea to check out the travel section in the Sunday Times.

Christmas is great here, being the summer!!

Mentioned in this post
New Zealand
New Zealand
South Pacific
london
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Xmas in Auckland

jason,

We have just booked flights to NZ for December but had to fly out on the 5th to get a good deal. We booked through trailfinders and got a very good price with Singapore Airlines. After 9 December the prices increase a lot.

katt