We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 week in NZ

Which Auckland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dublin
12 posts
Save Topic
1 week in NZ

Hi all

Can you help???

Myself and my partner are flying into Auckland on the 1st of Feb for one week. We want to see as much of NZ as possible. Any suggestions? We plan on renting a car and want to get in as much as possible but we are on a budget.

Help

Emma

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 week in NZ

If on a limited budget you will need to stay in the north. Flights are more expensive in NZ than the British Isles. I'd recommend driving to Waitomo Caves (Black Water Caving), then Taupo (cheapest sky diving in the world, sail on the Barbary on the lake), then Rotorua for the geysers (Waimangu Volcanic Valley is arguably the best thermal experience), then up to the Coromandel for the fantastic beaches (New Chums beach is a great away from it all beach/hot water beach/....). Northland has great beaches but the Coromandel has fab ones too and you are on a budget and only have one week.

Auckland is a bit like Birmingham with palm trees. However the parks/beaches on the West are outstanding. Waiheke Island a good day trip too. But hey you live in Dublin so you do not want to go to cities.

Roger

dublin
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 week in NZ

Thanks Roger.. Much Appreciated