We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stardome

Which Auckland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
5 posts
Save Topic
stardome

hello

i will be staying in auckland for 2 nights. i was wondering how far away the stardome is from the city and if it is reasonable to catch a cab there and back.

i think this would be a good tourist attraction does anyone have any views on this please

London, UK
Level Contributor
547 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: stardome

I suggest you go by bus. The Auckland buses are regular and a high standard. The website gives details about the bus services which travel via Newmarket. (We stayed in Remuera and took the bus each day into the city via Newmarket.)

The journey from Auckland Mid City would take about 25 mins including a 5 min walk from bus stop to the Stardome. Stardome is on my list of things to do on my next trip.

http://www.stardome.org.nz/

ps Newmarket is a bit of a shopping mecca so you can do this too, if you are so inclined.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
221 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: stardome

If you do not fancy the bus, then yes a taxi would be a reasonable option.

Depending on the firm and the time of day you travel it would be about $20 trip from downtown. About $10 from Newmarket..

The stardome is in a large park. If you have time take a chance to wander round and to climb the hill in the park. Great views from thetop of there. Better than skytower and free to boot.

Cheers