We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eden park / rugby stadium

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
eden park / rugby stadium

hi,

can anybody tell me which number bus/train i catch to eden park from auckland city centre.

thanks,

john

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eden park / rugby stadium

Try this website

http://www.maxx.co.nz/

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,648 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: eden park / rugby stadium

You need any buses with numbers starting with 25- or 26-, that are heading for Dominion Road.

These leave from opposite the Civic Centre/Aotea Square (upper Queen st, just past the big imax cinema), and you need to get off in Dominion Road, and then walk through (about 5 minutes) to Eden Park.

stagecoach.co.nz/timetables/scnz_serauktt19.…

In Dominion Road, you need to get off at the corner of Valley Road, and then cross Dominion Road and walk down either Walters Rd, or Bellwood Ave.

If you see either GLENGARRY's wine shop, or FOODTOWN supermarket on your left as you are heading down Dominion Road, then you need to get off the bus ASAP.

The driver will I'm sure let you know anyway.

Are you asking because you are going to the cricket tomorrow ??

Any chance England can turn around their abysmal form do you reckon ?? ( I hope so, being an English supporter)

Mentioned in this post
Aotea Square
Aotea Square
137 Reviews
Auckland Central, New Zealand
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: eden park / rugby stadium

thanks for your help.Im not going to the one dayer but coming over for the first two test matches in hamilton & wellington.I fly into auckland & im spending a couple of days in the city so i will be taking a look round eden park.

As for england turning it round in the one dayers well they blow hot & cold (more cold!,hopefully colli & the boys will have one of their better days.

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,648 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: eden park / rugby stadium

I went to Eden Park yesterday, and was very pleased to see that England came good, after a few scares, so fingers crossed for the next 2 games.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,485 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: eden park / rugby stadium

Traitor! >:(

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
154 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: eden park / rugby stadium

I would recommend the train so you don't get stuck in all the traffic on the way to the game. I went to the 20-20 game the other week and some friends got the train - they were on time, some other friends got the bus - they were late.

London
Level Contributor
579 posts
345 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: eden park / rugby stadium

We went to Eden Park for the cricket last week and had no trouble getting there by bus.

Catch bus 233 or 249 from Midtown stop M3 on the north side of Victoria Street just up from the junction with Queen Street. They go about every 15 minutes. Fare $1.60. You don't need to have the exact money.

Journey time was around 10-15 minutes.

Get off on Sandringham Road at the Reimers Avenue stop. Last bus back at night is 11pm.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: eden park / rugby stadium

thanks a lot for all the help,all ready for the 29th feb flight now.

regards,

john

9. Re: eden park / rugby stadium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, September 20, 2009