We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Auckland

Which Auckland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Derbyshire
2 posts
Save Topic
Auckland

Im moving to Auckland with my family including 2 children (6and 9) and would like to know the best place to live. I like the north shore but both me and my husband have jobs in manakau. Any ideas? Also I understand the school zones are quite tight and we will have to rent in the zone before we find a house to buy as we wont want to move the kids aagain

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,270 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Auckland

I see Andy has responded to your other post (repeat of this one) Whitby is a lovely area along with Clevedon, Orere Point, Kawakawa Bay, Beachlands, Maraetai and anywhere around the Eastern Bays would be lovely- there are some awesome spots to beachcomb and just have a real relaxed lifestyle.

Montreal
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Auckland

Areas like Clevedon, while brilliant for kids- are not cheap. It's a lifestyle area & subject to high demand. Beachlands & or Maraetai may be a more realistic option, though both are a fair commute from Manakau City itself.....and shoppping, etc offers very few choices.

In my opinion, you may want to consider around the Far Eastern Bays- specifically Dannemora, Botany & Howick. There are good schools, more shopping options than you can shake a stick at, and access to sports clubs, beaches, etc. If you time your run right, you might also pick up a very nice 4 bedroom house in a good suburb for $NZ500-600k . Might.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
252 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Auckland

Yes, Botany is good but also look in the eastern suburbs, Kohimarama, St Heliers and Mission Bay. while it is a bit of a drive to Manukau it's certainly nice living out here. Most of the schools are pretty good, primary schools anyway. Check out house prices before you arrive and see if it fits your budget.

Good Luck

4. Re: Auckland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, August 29, 2009