We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proper attire

Princess in PA
1 post
Save Topic
Proper attire

We are going to Auckland in May and I don't know what to pack. I want to be comfortable and warm, yet stylish! Help!

Montreal
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Proper attire

A raincoat would be a good start & wear a pair of rugby cleats to encourage conversation.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
19 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Proper attire

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i957-Piha_Beach…

We have had such a strange summer with January being windy and cold. It is nicer now and we could get a longer summer, so May could be nice weather because of the lateness. It will be cooler though. Depending on where you are staying and the type of trip you are planning, I would pack some light wool (great Merino here with Icebreaker brand) under garments, and a good medium weight jacket. Aucklanders can be very dressy if they want, but generally dress casually. Bring your own style. That will make you feel you are comfortable anywhere.

Hope you enjoy your trip and make a point of heading out here to Piha Beach. It is beautiful and only a 45 minute drive from the city.

3. Re: Proper attire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, August 15, 2009