We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waitangi Day

Surrey England
Level Contributor
2,330 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Waitangi Day

Are the treaty grounds open to everyone on Waitangi Day.I know that on this day entrance charges are normally waived but I read somewhere that white Europeans were not admitted.Is this true?

Hokianga North...
Level Contributor
191 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waitangi Day

Hi, this is total rubbish- it is a fantatstic day out. Would you believe the largest signing of this treaty of waitangi was actually at Horeke in the Hokianga region?

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waitangi Day

The Treaty grounds are definitely open to everyone. This year there was a fantastic festival over Waitangi weekend.

Surrey England
Level Contributor
2,330 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waitangi Day

Thanks for that info.I thought it sounded a little strange but thought it best to check.When we make our return visit we hope to be there on the day.It sounds like an amazing experience.

4. Re: Waitangi Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 27, 2009