We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Haka Tours

new jersey
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Haka Tours

Looking to sign with this tour, and would love feedback about the company and the tours they offer.

uk
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Haka Tours

havent seen much im afraid but may see reviews of this and similar companies on this site: backpackerboard.co.nz/transport/backpacker-t…

Roanoke, Virginia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Haka Tours

I just took a tour with them Aug/Sep 2012. This company is very good. Our guide was great and a Kiwi who knows the country. They know where to go and how to maximize your time and money to get the most out of the trip. They can take you to places off the beaten path that a large tour bus cannot take you. For instance our guide took us to a small off the beaten path beach he had not been to since he was a kid, so it really felt like we were experiencing something unique and personal. After days of terrible weather he took us to another unknown spot where there were wild seal pups. This was not a place a large tour would tell you about. This trip is all about stopping at local places and maximizing fun and money. We did all the adventure activities. Abseiling, caving, skydiving, bungee jumping, canyon swinging, and heli skiing were just some of the stops. Watched some rugby games at the bar. You can't put a value on a local who knows how to navigate the country. You are at the mercy of the weather and you will have to adapt your schedule and planned activities no matter what and having a small group and a local showing you around is critical at those times.

Accommodations were hostels, but nearly everyone was of good quality. None were really, but one or two were just mediocre. This company has continued to change the places they stay based on their experiences to continue to give the best experience to their customers. I paid the extra for a single room which I was glad I did for my own space. Most of the time though my friends on tour that stayed in dorms all stayed in the same room and were rarely placed with strangers in their dorm. Sometimes they were even upgraded to single rooms if it was slow. If you want full service hotels this may not be the tour for you, but if you want to experience real New Zealand and have a nice clean place to sleep at night this is a great tour. I highly recommend them. You can also modify your trip to jump off at any point. They are very accommodating.

Small groups. Maximizing time and money. Adrenaline activities. Good places to stay. They take the stress out of planning.

The greatest thing I took from my trip was learning about the Maori culture and how modern day New Zealand embraces and takes great pride in their Maori heritage.

Kia ora!

3. Re: Haka Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, December 17, 2013