We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Hotel

Pine Grove Colorado
13 posts
Save Topic
Beach Hotel

Have four nights in Perth in May.

Any hotel with views of the ocean stand out?

Have read wonderful things about the Ocean Beach Hotel as well as the

Sorrento Beach Hotel.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,492 posts
1,583 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Hotel

Observation City has great views of the beach. I have stayed here plenty of times, I dont really like the hotel but the views are fab....I have heard that it has pick up its standard...so it may have changed.

http://www.rendezvoushotels.com/perth/

its directly across the road from the beach. Sorrento Beach is also in a very nice position.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,756 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Hotel

I din't think the OBH did rooms, it is more of a meet and eat/drink type hotel. Concur with ElleMay, Ob City would have the best views of the ocean whilst the front villas of the Sorrento Beach Resort ( Apartments as opposed to a Hotel) also have good views.

There is also Rottnest, an island off the coast of Fremantle, which is very nice in May and has some pleasant accommodation choices. Your view is back to the mainland - 11 kms away.

There are other apartment type arrangements at Sorrento Quay/Hillarys Boat Harbor and also Sunset? Apartments and Ob Rise? (not 100% sure of the name - they do seem to change names regularly) Apartments at Scarborough.

Do you really have tobe in Perth or have you considered travelling further afield? Bunker Bay Resort is very up market and would have special packages for May. Fantastic views. It is in Dunsborough around 3 hours from Perth close to Margaret River and all its wonderful attractions. Yallinup surfing beach (the waves can be up to 10m but more often around 3m) is also close by - there are a number of resorts there that have beach front rooms and apartments.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,756 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Hotel

Sunset Apartments is now called Seashells and gets a rave review on the Perth Hotels descriptor for its view of the Ocean.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
239 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Hotel

The Ocean beach hotel (OBH) is ok, but I would go with Rendezvous Observation City in Scarborough, its right on the main part of Scarborough beach and is generally just a nicer hotel.

5. Re: Beach Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 11, 2009