We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pubic transportation between Perth & Busselton

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
pubic transportation between Perth & Busselton

Hi! would be travelling to Perth in late Oct and is planning for a day trip to Busselton but found it difficult to get there from Perth. Transwa has coach that runs between this 2 places but it only allows 4 hours touring around Busselton (or may be just enough for the jetty only). I know South West Coachlines also runs the route but can hardly find any information on fare or schedule. Can anyone help?

perth
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: pubic transportation between Perth & Busselton

Have you thought about hiring a car for the day. You could leave early, the trip to Bussleton, by car ,is about 2 1/2 to 3 hours.You can travel the inland route through Armadale, Pinjarra, Harvey and return on the coast road through Lake Clifton, Mandurah,Fremantle, Or from Mandurah via the freeway.

Perth WA
Level Contributor
172 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: pubic transportation between Perth & Busselton

South West Coach Lines don't seem to have a website but I did find the info below.

South West Coach Lines have coaches that leave Perth daily departing at 8.45am, 1.15pm, 5.45pm and returning daily from Busselton departing 7.40am, 1.00pm, 5.45pm. Fares cost $24.00 one way, for bookings contact South West Coach Lines by phoning (08) 9754 1666.

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
658 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pubic transportation between Perth & Busselton

As an alternative, you can also catch the daily train to Bunbury from Perth central station. It's called the "Australind" and very relaxing. From Bunbury connect with South West Coachlines (Phone 08 9753 1011) for timetable Bunbury to Busselton.

perth
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: pubic transportation between Perth & Busselton

The Australind is a great trip to Bunbury but it leaves Perth about 9am ( gets to Bunbury about 11am ) and leaves Bunbury for the return to Perth at 2.45pm, so there would not be enough time to get to Bussleton and back , and see things, - less than 5 hours. Perhaps if you stayed overnight in B'ton.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: pubic transportation between Perth & Busselton

Thanks everyone one of you for the useful information!

I do agree self-driving is the best way to explore the beauty of WA, but unfortunately, I don't have a driving licence. I think I'll take the earliest coach of South West Coachlines and spend a few hours wandering around. I've heard that Busselton is a good fishing spot, any idea?

6. Re: pubic transportation between Perth & Busselton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 am, August 27, 2009