We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

route

kent
Level Contributor
163 posts
1 review
Save Topic
route

We are driving from Perth Airport to Ravenswood, any ideas about the bset route?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
122 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: route

When you leave the airport the road (I am assuming the international airport) Horriie Miller Drive runs into the Tonkin Highway. Turn left here and head south on the Tonkin Highway until you reach Albany Highway. Turn left on to Albany Highway and still head south. Follow Albany Highway until you come down a big hill and there is a junction where Albany Highway bends left and but you go straight on through traffic lights on to South West highway. Not long after this you will start to leave the metropolitan area (it is probably 30 minutes or so from the airport). Stay on Southwest highway - this is quite a scenic route. The first major town is Pinjarra ( about an hours drive on this highway) you have to turn right on to Pinjarra road -( follow the signs pointing towards Mandurah) About 5-10 minutes along this road you will reach Ravenswood -- you will have to turn right.

Good luck!

perth
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: route

fernR, I agree with limlib ,except when he/she says to exit Tonkin H'way at Albany H'wy. Tonkin now goes right through to Thomas Road, so it is better driving to stay on it til the end . At Thomas , a T junction, turn left , follow thomas to the next set of Lights ( about 5 kms ). Turn right at the lights onto South West Highway

You will pass thru Byford, then a few tiny settlements ( Jarrahdale, Serpentine, Keysbrook, North Dandalup ) and then Pinjarra. From Byford to Pinjarra will take about 30 - 35 minutes.

You'll know you are at Pinjarra as you will cross a railway line, then a bridge. Once across the bridge you will be in Pinjarra's main street. ( it's where I live. ) turn right at the traffic lights, ( the only set in Pj ) and Ravenswood is on the right once you cross another bridge, a bigger one this time , about 5 minutes drive from Pj.

It really is quite direct and you will have no trouble.

kent
Level Contributor
163 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: route

Thankou for the replys to my last message, we have booked the recommended wattle grove Motel, and I will wave as I drive through Pinjarra.

FernR

perth
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: route

FernR, have a safe trip and I will return your wave.

5. Re: route

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, August 21, 2009