We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seashells apartments in Scarborough

LOndon
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Seashells apartments in Scarborough

We have just booked into a two bed apartment at the Seachells in Scarborough.

Any reviews on this hotel?

Could I have some advise on things to do will small children in this area.

Mentioned in this post
Scarborough
Scarborough
Stirling, Australia
Perth, West Aus
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Seashells apartments in Scarborough

There are 3 seperate buildings to the Seashells Apartments.

My UK family stayed there last year and were spread across all 3 initially, all are lovely but the middle buildings are the oldest, ask for a room in the building where reception is located, they are bigger and both bedrooms have an entry to the bathroom which is quite handy.

also, the main bedroom opens out onto the balcony.

There is 2 pools that I can remember, one is behind the 'reception' building and ends up being in the shade in the afternoon. The other is in the middle buliding and is at the front, so pretty much has sun all day. Both have BBQ facilities.

Not sure what else you want to know? they have kitchens, washing machines, aircon and are extremely clean and well looked after. My family absolutely loved the place.

Oh, the website is - www.seashells.com.au

Pretty sure the Scarborough pics are all from the reception building, the pool certainly is.

For kids, obviously the beach and the pools. Theres a big grassed area about a minutes walk away for kicking balls, frisbee etc I think there is a childrens playground. Off the top of my head, i'm not sure there's much else for small kids around there.

Plenty of restaurants within a few mins walking distance that are kid friendly, a pub with small outside area (ok for kids) A shopping centre with Asda type shop if you want to self cater is virtually right next door too.

It might be worth having a car too, Perth is spread out and although Scarborough has a bus service, public transport is nowhere near UK standard coverage or frequency wise. If memory serves, there are two car rental companies in Scarb, one at the Shell petrol station next to Observation rise on West Coast Hwy, and the other is across the rd from Ob Rise, called Sunset Coast rent a car.

Kieron

Mentioned in this post
Scarborough
Scarborough
Stirling, Australia
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
Observation Rise
Observation Rise
35 Reviews
Scarborough, Australia
LOndon
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Seashells apartments in Scarborough

Hi Kizz302.,

Thank you so much for your advice it has been so helpful.

We are there for 4 days so I think we will take your advice and hire a car.

Wales
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Seashells apartments in Scarborough

Hi BreezyB

We stayed at the Seashells in February this year and found them very comfortable. Our two bed apartment was in the front of the building and the living room opened out onto the balcony.

We hired a car from Sunset Coast, who when told we were staying at the Seashells gave us excellent rates. For the first few days we used the local buses and found them great and easier for going into Perth itself. I hope you enjoy yourselfs as much as we did.

Mentioned in this post
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
4. Re: Seashells apartments in Scarborough

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, August 23, 2009