We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Western Australia - Geographe Bay - Weather

London
14 posts
Save Topic
Western Australia - Geographe Bay - Weather

We will be in Perth and further South at the end of December. We'd be grateful for advice on the weather in the Busselton Bay area - is the sea warm enough for swimming at that time of year?

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
658 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Western Australia - Geographe Bay - Weather

End of December usually quite good for swimming, water can be cold but only takes a few minutes to adjust. Weather these past couple of years has been reasonably mild around Christmas but you need plenty of sun lotion and a hat just the same. Would suggest you try Eagle Bay Beach, it sort of faces northward and is more protected than many of the other popular bits of coastline.

London
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Western Australia - Geographe Bay - Weather

Thank you so much for the advice that makes it much clearer for us. I'll check out accommodation in Eagle Bay.

Maxmia

west australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Western Australia - Geographe Bay - Weather

I'm from the area, re swimming, it's hit and miss being December, last December was too cold to swim as the water temp is still relatively low. But other years it's fine.

You should also try 'Bunker Bay' beautiful white beach that goes on forever and crystal clear, theres also a fantastic resort by the beach to stay. Meelup Beach is also great especially with kids.

Ensure you have plenty of fly repellent, sometimes it's terrible

Have fun!

London
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Western Australia - Geographe Bay - Weather

Thank you so much.

We found accommodation heavily booked as it is the holiday period but we have found what looks to be a lovely B&B in Dunsborough.

If you could tell me how long it would take to drive to Bunker, Meelup and Eagle beaches that would be great. I'm trying to find a detailed map I can download but can't find one so far.

Thanks again.

Maxmia

perth
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Western Australia - Geographe Bay - Weather

Bunker,meelup and Eagle Bay are very close to Dunsborough, driving should be not more than 5 -10 minutes.

London
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Western Australia - Geographe Bay - Weather

That's fantastic, thank you.

Maxmia

7. Re: Western Australia - Geographe Bay - Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 am, August 22, 2009