We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fremantle-Penguin Island

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sungai Petani...
Level Contributor
49 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Fremantle-Penguin Island

If I stay at Fremantle and think of going to Penguin Island, seems like it take 7 hours + journey. Should I put up somewhere near Penguin Island so that I can catch the 11:15 am boat? Is there nearby B&B or other cheap backpacker's place?

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,491 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fremantle-Penguin Island

Um, where did you get the idea it was 7 hours + ??? In a car, it's about 42 minutes from Fremantle. Even by bus it's only an hour and a half.

In any case, Penguin Island is closed at the moment until the middle of September, so it's all academic. You can't go, unless you're referring to their day tour where you stay on the boat and don't get off at the island.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,064 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fremantle-Penguin Island

Are you perhaps getting mixed up with Rottnest Island? Its better known for its native quokkas which are a bit like very small kangaroos. This island is nicest on warm sunny days if you are thinking of going.

The ferry leaves from Fremantle - its about 20 kms offshore. Tickets are half price on Tuesdays

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
513 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fremantle-Penguin Island

Hi kerry1G, I a have seen many mentioned about the half price on Tuesdays to Rottnest island. Where can I fine this? Thank you.

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
3,174 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fremantle-Penguin Island

Is this what you mean? $39 return for adult ferry only. $59 with bike hire.

http://www.rottnestexpress.com.au/Deals/

5. Re: Fremantle-Penguin Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 09, 2015