We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perth in early August

Singapore, Singapore
14 posts
Save Topic
Perth in early August

Hi, we need some advice. We (2 adults and 1 child - 8 yrs old) will be in Perth for 5d4n in early August. We are contemplating on where to stay - Perth city or Fremantle. We have yet to plan the itinerary. Good to have some advise and recommendations. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Fremantle
Fremantle
Greater Perth, Australia
Special Offer
Swan Valley Wine Gourmet Wine Cruise...
272 Reviews
from $66.00*
$132.00
Rottnest Island from Perth or...
124 Reviews
from $98.00*
Special Offer
Caversham Wildlife Park, the...
145 Reviews
from $134.30*
$167.90
Special Offer
Margaret River Wines, Mammoth Cave...
125 Reviews
from $134.30*
$167.90
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
23,839 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perth in early August

There is plenty of advice and recommendations on the forum here, including some recent trip reports. Also have a look at the Top Questions and Perth Trip ideas at the right side of the screen. The WA tourism website also has lots of info:

westernaustralia.com/au/Pages/Welcome_to_Wes…

Without knowing your budget and preferences it is difficult to make recommendations.

It will be very cold by Singapore standards so bring warm clothing. Layers are good as buildings and shops are often well heated. There will (we hope) also be rain so outdoor activities and beach visits are probably not going to be high on your agenda.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,734 posts
1,685 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perth in early August

As mentioned by Yorkfoodie bring your woollies as August will be cold. Both places are good to stay at... my preference would be the city in the winter.

For additional info on Perth read the FAQ's located on your right hand screen. This link may also assist you.

tripadvisor.com.au/GoListDetail-i18830-Trip_…

Singapore, Singapore
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Perth in early August

Thanks for the info. I didn't state the budget and preference as we are pretty open to any good suggestions. I was initially looking at Coral Street Cottage at Fremantle. After looking at the Google Street View, having 2nd thoughts as the place looks like not very convenient.

Mentioned in this post
Fremantle
Fremantle
Greater Perth, Australia
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
23,839 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Perth in early August

I don't know why you think it's inconvenient at Coral St; I guess there might be places as nice for a similar price a little closer to the main strip, but it's less than a 15 minute walk to the Fremantle Markets, for instance. We've stayed further out and walked into Freo and enjoyed the walk. (That said, not when it's been raining :-) .) There's also buses that go straight up South Tce and take about 6 mins for the same trip. It's just around the corner from Ootong and Lincoln, a great cafe, and Abhi's Bread, a bakery (just bought some of their bread today in fact).

But, keep looking, you may find something you like better.

Singapore, Singapore
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Perth in early August

For day tours, would it be better to stay in City Centre or Freo? We are thinking of doing a more relaxing holiday this time.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
23,839 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Perth in early August

Depends on how you plan to do the day tours. If self driving, it doesn't really matter where you stay. If public group tours, then you may prefer to stay closer to their pick up point.

Singapore, Singapore
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Perth in early August

Thanks!

8. Re: Perth in early August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 08, 2015