We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to get food supplies in perth good friday?

South Australia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to get food supplies in perth good friday?

I arrive by plane in Perth good Friday and need supplies for self contained accomodation, milk bread cereal. Is there a supermarket open in Perth city on near by open?

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
23,349 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to get food supplies in perth good friday?

Have a look at the map for your apartment's area at www.whereis.com . You can click on the supermarket icon to see where the nearest supermarkets are. I would think the various IGA shops in particular would be open.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
15,777 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to get food supplies in perth good friday?

The Woolworths (Murray St and St Georges Tce) both state they are closed on the Friday all day.

Coles Central Raine Square William St - website states closed.

I've just discovered the Coles Northbridge on cnr of Newcastle and Beaufort sts became a Supa IGA a couple of months ago. No mention of Goodfriday closure on the website - maybe call and check with them …iga.com.au/store/northbridge-supa-iga.html

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,805 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to get food supplies in perth good friday?

Service stations sell milk and cereal. Leave the bread until Saturday. Shopping centres and all major supermarkets open Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
15,777 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to get food supplies in perth good friday?

Petrol stations sell bread too - it isnt awesome bread - but its edible.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,805 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to get food supplies in perth good friday?

I know they sell bread but unless OP desperate, don't see the point in buying day old bread.

JMO

6. Re: Where to get food supplies in perth good friday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 14, 2015