We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to use my mobile phone

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to use my mobile phone

Hi,

I am flying out to Perth on the 4th April, I have my mobile I use here in the UK and will be taking it with me but I don't want to come home to a huge phone bill! I want to use my phone for keeping in touch with my family at home by either call or text and maybe use the Internet for checking emails etc.

What are my best options or could anyone recommend a sim that will let me do this?

Mentioned in this post
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,132 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to use my mobile phone

If you are happy to wait until you are in a wifi hotspot to check emails and make calls on Skype and stick to text messages at the other times, using your UK phone won't be too expensive as long as you remember to TURN OFF data roaming when you leave home and don't answer your calls when the phone rings.

If you want continual access to data, then you can buy a SIM card here as long as your phone is unlocked.

Optus have a $2 a day plan that allows you up to 500 mgb of data a day and a swag of free calls.

https:/…plans

You can pick these up at any Optus store, convenience store or supermarket.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to use my mobile phone

Thank you for that link, it was really helpful and I think that will be the way to go, my phone is unlocked so should be simple

3. Re: Best way to use my mobile phone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 25, 2015