Hi everyone, this is my first trip to Australia and I've been reading through the forum as well as other guides online to prepare a rough itinerary. I'm flying to Perth with my family (older brother and parents) from 11 Jan - 17 Jan and we're mostly interested in scenery, natural places of interest etc. We're also running on a tight budget with no car on our own, so we're depending entirely on public transport and joining day tours.
This is what I've come up with so far:
Day 1, Saturday (Perth)
- Arrival at 18:30, take a cab to hotel
Day 2, Sunday (Fremantle)
- The Fremantle Markets
- Fremantle Prison (Is the Doing Time tour or Great Escape tour better? Or should we do both?)
- Fremantle Fishing Boat Harbour (for late lunch)
- Shipwreck Galleries
- Round House and Whalers Tunnel (if time permits)
Day 3, Monday (Perth CBD)
- Train to Cottesloe station and walk to beach (10-15 min?)
- Train back to Perth, explore CBD (pls recommend any must-see areas)
- King’s Park at night.
Day 4, Tuesday (Rottnest Island)
- Rottnest Express ferry to the island (Telethon Tuesday Ferry-only Deal)
- All the free walking tours by the Rottnest Voluntary Guides (www.rvga.asn.au/Pub%20Daily%20Tours.pdf)
- Two Feet & A Heartbeat walking tour at 6pm (if time permits, only because they have a Tuesday deal as well)
Day 5, Wednesday (Swan Valley)
Day 6, Thursday (Penguin Island)
- Penguin Island ferry + discovery center
Day 7, Friday (Perth CBD)
- Last-minute shopping before heading to the airport
I know my itinerary is pretty skimpy towards the end and I would appreciate all the help I can get. I'm really interested in the pinnacles but with no car and no budget option (all the tours are at least $200 pax), it looks like I'll have to give it a miss. Thanks in advance.