We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best option to stay

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
best option to stay

Planning on being in perth for first time 21st jan to 25th. Just hubby and me. Have looked up places to stay but need some help.

Which do we choose so we are close to the attractions, as we will not have a car, public transport to locations out of the CBD.

Have consiered Rydges perth, mecure or Novetel.

Which is best in regards to location, condition and value.

Many thanks everyone.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
14 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best option to stay

They're all very central locations, however Rydges and Mercure are perhaps more central to the shopping areas (Hay St Mall etc), and Perth Underground train station and the bus routes.

That being said I stayed in Novotel recently and it's a very nice hotel, with a bus stop about a 20m walk away, and the main CBD area is less than a 10 minute walk away :)

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,349 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best option to stay

I too agree that the Novotel Langley is a nice product, and although not quite as convenient to the shopping areas, I think the product is a tiny bit better than the other two. Rydges is the more central, has slightly larger standard room size, but for the same rates advertised for your dates, I would probably choose Holiday Inn Perth City Centre instead. Of the three, the Mercure Perth is my least preferred.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,809 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best option to stay

My OH Has stayed at the Novotel and the Rydges. IHO the Novotel is getting/looking tired; he preferred the Rydges overall. More central for walking and excellent food in their restaurant.

4. Re: best option to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 23, 2014