We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which branch of Bayswater Car Hire to use to pass 5 hours?

Exeter Devon
Level Contributor
858 posts
201 reviews
Save Topic
Which branch of Bayswater Car Hire to use to pass 5 hours?

I am intending to hire a car from Bayswater Car Hire as I have used them before and they tend to easy to deal with and my liability is restricted to 50 Aus Dollars so no hidden surprises.

I will be collecting the car and heading to Fremantle and driving back from Hillarys Boatyard when returning the car.

The problem is that the offices close around 17.30 and I don't have to check in until 23.00hrs so I will have 5 hrs to kill. My choice is to get a taxi from Guildford Road to say Beaufort Street and book a restaurant there and then get a taxi back o the airport.

The alternative is to hire from Adelaide Terrace and the go for something to eat around that area, which I am not familiar with. Is there much in the way of restaurants around there?

I assume I would just get a taxi back to the airport from there?

Bayswater only allow you to take the car back to the depot which you hired from.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thank you

Bootle45

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
22,026 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which branch of Bayswater Car Hire to use to pass 5 hours?

I think your first idea, to drop the car off in Bayswater and head for Beaufort St is a reasonable one. The folks at the Bayswater desk will probably phone for a taxi for you if you ask nicely :-)

Exeter Devon
Level Contributor
858 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which branch of Bayswater Car Hire to use to pass 5 hours?

York Foodie

Many thanks for your kind suggestions.

Regards

Bootle45

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,742 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which branch of Bayswater Car Hire to use to pass 5 hours?

I agree. Some lovely eateries in Mt Lawley and not too far to the Airport.

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
Level Contributor
2,842 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which branch of Bayswater Car Hire to use to pass 5 hours?

ditto. The Mt Lawley strip can get very busy if its on a Thurs/Fri/Sat night though and flagging down a taxi may take longer. There is a taxi rank outside the Flying Scotsman pub cnr. Beaufort St and Grosvener Rd.

Exeter Devon
Level Contributor
858 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which branch of Bayswater Car Hire to use to pass 5 hours?

Thank you both for your suggestions.

Beaufort street it is then!

Regards

Bootle45

6. Re: Which branch of Bayswater Car Hire to use to pass 5 hours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, November 17, 2014