We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for half-day activities in Perth for non-drivers

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
9 posts
221 reviews
Save Topic
Ideas for half-day activities in Perth for non-drivers

I will be traveling to Perth for 3 full days next weekend with my mom - we will be joining a day tour the Pinnacles, and one day for city tour (Kings Park & Fremantle). For the remaining day, I've signed up for the Taste Buds morning tour, which leaves us with half day free.

As neither of us are drivers, we are mainly relying on public transport and tours to help get around Perth. Could I pls get some suggestions as to what we could do/see for the remaining free afternoon?

Thanks in advance!!

Tours with a Twist
Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours
Luxury Outback Tours
Food Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Perth Luxury Tours
Wine Tours & Tastings , City Tours
Perth Urban Adventures
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Day Trips
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,727 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas for half-day activities in Perth for non-drivers

Where does the Taste Buds tour terminate?

A lot would depend on the weather as well so are you talking Monday week - i.e. the 25th?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
9 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas for half-day activities in Perth for non-drivers

The drop-off is either at Swan Valley Visitor’s Centre, Guildford or Perth CBD-Wellington Tourist Coach Stand. Tour ends around 1pm.

We'll be there over the weekend of Nov 23. Thanks!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,462 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas for half-day activities in Perth for non-drivers

Assuming you're staying in/around the city or Freo, you could do any of these via public transport:

Perth Zoo - accessible via ferry from Barrack Street, plus about a 10-15 minute walk

Perth Mint

Cap't Cruise to Freo leaving from Barrack Street Jetty

Train to Cottelsoe - you can walk to the beach from the train station, it's not a bad walk if it's not too hot. You might like Lamont's in Cottesloe for a nice tapas lunch (a stone's throw from the station).

Maritime Museum in Freo

Perth Museum and Art Gallery (walking distance from most CDB hotels)

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
9 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ideas for half-day activities in Perth for non-drivers

Melnq8 - thanks for your suggestions!

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ideas for half-day activities in Perth for non-drivers

Are you interested in art? Art Gallery of WA currently has an exhibition from MoMA in New York. Well worth seeing if you haven't been/aren't likely to get to NYC! http://momaseries.com.au

NB - if your free day is Tuesday, unfortunately AGWA is shut that day!

6. Re: Ideas for half-day activities in Perth for non-drivers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 20, 2014