We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perth area

sunshine coast Qld
Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Perth area

Hi People, We're hiring a campervan in February for 12 days and wanting to travel a little off the beaten track from Perth and ending up back at Perth for our flight home. We are interested in exploring the landscape, bush and beach walking, food and wine and fishing with a little shopping and girl indulgent stuff thrown in there. Can anyone suggest an itinerary for us as a guide? One of us thinks he might like to head up North but people have said we don't have enough time for that. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
291 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perth area

Hi Lorna,

I'd recommend the South West corner of WA for that period of time. Our family did such a trip about 2 yrs ago and it was great. Albany, Dunsbrough, the coastal communities down there are really beautiful. It is truly spectacular coastline, there is a lot to see too. The old whaling station is a standout spot to visit.

Heading north would require a lot more time and you have to go up and back down. The south west allows you to do a loop journey which is a much more time efficient way to travel.

Enjoy!

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perth area

I don't like the heat so the north is not my choice. Another vote for South West- has all what you are after. Margaret River region, Pemberton, Walpole, Denmark, Albany for starters. Add Esperance if you felt like a longer leg at the end- depends how much you want to stop at places. I can give you some personal favourites for Albany area if you go to that region.

sunshine coast Qld
Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perth area

Thanks for your reply - great advice.

4. Re: Perth area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 26, 2014