We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sorrento beach resort?!

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Peterborough...
Level Contributor
92 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Sorrento beach resort?!

Hi All, Im in the process of planning my second trip to WA and am considering booking here for 4/5days. Just have a few questions, anyone stayed here or heard any feedback? also Im doing it this time on my own and is it a relativley safe area?!

Many thanks!

Fremantle, Western...
Level Contributor
681 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sorrento beach resort?!

Hi

I have never stayed there, but know where it is etc My inlaws live close by.

It's a very nice area and I would consider it to be safe. It's surrounded by pretty upmarket suburbs.

You are a bit of a distance from the city, but I think you should enjoy it there.

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
658 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sorrento beach resort?!

Yes Sorrento generally considered a safe beachside suburb. SBR gets very good reviews in this forum – so go for it.

Perth, WA, Australia
Level Contributor
308 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sorrento beach resort?!

I have stayed at this resort many times, and I have never had any complaints.

Although it is about 15 - 20 min to the city, it is very close to Hillary's Boat Harbour, walking distance in fact, which has lots of nice restaurants and bars and quite a few shops and great views.

I would consider the area safe, although I stil wouldn't wander around at night by myself. It is surrounded by mansions.

The rooms are clean and decent size, and the staff are very polite too.

Hope this helps,

J

western australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sorrento beach resort?!

Just a note though to let you know that it is NOT on the beach. There is a road between it and the beach. apart from that OK

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
92 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sorrento beach resort?!

Many thanks all for the feedback, last year I stayed on Scarborough Beach so was just looking at a different alternative this time. Its gonna be this one or back to Scarborough. Thank again for replies Im sure i ll need some more info along the way!

Cheers.

6. Re: Sorrento beach resort?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, August 13, 2009