I'm not sure I understand the question. Do you mean, would it be cheaper to buy a package tour from an agency where you live, or to fly to Perth and join a tour there? It's hard to answer.
How much is your local agency charging? What is included?
Are there any particular sites you would like to visit?
How long do you plan to be here?
Can you drive a car?
How old are your family members- adults/children?
Are you aware that August is winter here and it will be quite cold with rain on some days?
All of this information is needed to help answer what might be your question.
1) Yes, I would like to know which is cheaper/economical whether to buy a package tour from an agency where I live or to fly to Perty and join a tour there.
2) I will obtain the quote and the itenery and revert later
3) Fremantle and city tour is a must.
4) Fly from Malaysia on 2/8/13 and return on 7/8/13. I would like to take 2 days for my own adventure.
5) Myself, my spouse and my two adult children
6) I am aware that Aug is winter but I do not know my travel period from 2/8-7/8/13 is already winter. What would be the weather of that period mentioned?
6)Winter. All of August is winter. IMO it is the coldest part of winter as the seasons seem to have moved a month or so.
1) with all due respect, without knowing how much a tour will cost you from home there is no way we can possibly say whether a local tour would be more economical or not. There is no rule of thumb for this.
2) Unless you do this first, we cannot compare like with like to know if a local tour offering _the same things_ will be cheaper than a Malaysian company offering.
4) What exactly do you mean by "my own adventure"? How can we estimate cost without knowing what it is?
I'm very sorry, but your requirements are way too vague for any of us to make any reasonable suggestions. I urge you to do some more research of tours offered to you from Malaysia, and checking with the official WA Tourism website at westernaustralia.com/au/Pages/Welcome_to_Wes…
so you can ask more focused questions which we would be able to answer. We're all volunteers here who like to help, but we're not travel agents.
My local agent quoted me ground package price of MYR2220 per person , Hotel :Criterion
Ground Package Price
Return Airport-Hotel transfer by Connect Bus Airport Shuttle Service*
*Operating hours. Arrival 0620 – 0100 hrs / Departure 0245 – 2130 hrs
Choice of 3 nights hotel accommodation in Perth City
Daily full breakfast (from 0630hrs on weekdays & from 0700hrs on weekends)
PLUS ONE of the following extended day tour with lunch
1. 4WD Pinnacles, Koala & Sand boarding Adventure (P3) Daily
2. Margaret River, Caves & Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse (MR) Mon,Tue,Thu,Fri,Sat
3. Wave Rock, York, Wildflower & Aboriginal Cultural Tour (WR) Tue,Wed,Fri,Sun
4. Valley of the Giants ‘Tree Top Walk’ (TT) Wed
Flight ticket and airport tax
Tips to driver/guide
What is your advice if I take sit in tour in Perth instead of joining the package tour as quoted by my local agent? Your advice is greatly appreciated.
I would suggest you look for the tours you are interested in, and get their prices for comparison. Also check the Hotel Criterion's website for their rates. As I said, we're all volunteers here, you need to do your own legwork.
we have done similar trips in reverse, Australians in Malaysia and Singapore. we have found the package deals offered are usually cheaper than booking separately. i'm just booking for Singapore through expedia, as a package it's 3300myr but flights, tours and hotel independently is about 5300myr. I would think your agents in malaysia would offer similar discounts.
sorry I forgot a bit. be aware everything in perth is expensive compared to Malaysia, that is everything.
-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-
This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.
To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html
We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.