We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swan Valley vs Margaret River

sg
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Swan Valley vs Margaret River

Planning a 6 day trip to Perth and would like to venture out of Perth city.

I have got 3 kids (6y, 4y and 1y) in tow.

If I only have 4 days, which place, Swan Valley or Margaret River are there more places of interests, particularly, farm stays for children? I read lots about Caversham Wildlife Park. Just wondering if I m planning to stay at a farm in Margaret River, should I still visit Caversham Wildlife Park?

Mentioned in this post
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
Margaret River
Margaret River
Margaret River Region, Australia
Caversham Wildlife Park
Caversham Wildlife Park
1,409 Reviews
Whiteman, Australia
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
24,354 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swan Valley vs Margaret River

Caversham is quite different to a farmstay and you could easily do both.

Just a note: the Swan Valley is an outer, semi-rural suburb of Perth. Either the Swan Valley or MR would have plenty to occupy your family (and presumably you will be pre-booking your compulsory infant seats for your 3yo and 1yo when you book the car), it depends on how far you want to go and what the weather's like.

Have a look at the WA Tourism website

westernaustralia.com/au/Pages/Welcome_to_Wes…

to see what appeals more.

Mentioned in this post
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
sg
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Swan Valley vs Margaret River

Hello Yorkfoodie, thanks for your reply. Maybe I should be more specific. I m looking for places of interests around Caversham but seem to find minimal activities that would interest the kids except the caversham wildlife park.

When I research into Margaret River, there seem to be plenty attractions, hence, wondering if I should plan a day trip to caversham instead and stay 3 to 4 days at MR.

Mentioned in this post
Margaret River
Margaret River
3. Re: Swan Valley vs Margaret River

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 am, June 13, 2013
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
24,354 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swan Valley vs Margaret River

Have a look here to see if anything appeals:

http://www.swanvalley.com.au/Home

Caversham is pretty well in the Swan Valley.

Nedlands
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Swan Valley vs Margaret River

With all due respect to the Swan Valley, it is no Margaret River. The Swan Valley is good because it is right on our door step, but if you have time pick Margaret River region every time.

Having just come back from a trip to the south west, the breadth of options available is far superior. Obviously there are the wineries, but there are a plethora of caves to explore in Yallingup, the many beaches that dot our shores, the lighthouse in Augusta, Busselton Jetty, the list goes on.

If you have a few days definately Margaret River. If you can stretch it a little longer continue down to Albany and all that that entails.

Mentioned in this post
Margaret River
Margaret River
Margaret River Region
Margaret River Region
Western Australia, Australia
Albany
Albany
Western Australia, Australia
6. Re: Swan Valley vs Margaret River

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 15, 2014