We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Experience and expenditure in Perth?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
184 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Experience and expenditure in Perth?

Hello all,

What will be the minimum/basic expenditure for a person in Perth. Includes meals/snacks/dinner and some drinks in reasonable hotels.

And how is the cost of living in Perth? Are there any links which gives information about cost of day to day living in Perth?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,820 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Experience and expenditure in Perth?

My point was - it's a term used by aussie mates to their Aussie mates - generally males.

It's not appropriate to use to a total stranger (and female) on the Internet simply because you read somewhere its an Aussie word.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
184 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Experience and expenditure in Perth?

I apologize for the usage. I didn't know I replied to a female.

perth,W.A
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Experience and expenditure in Perth?

I agree cost of living should be the main concern..

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,692 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Experience and expenditure in Perth?

Just my thoughts on the use of the word 'mate' which might clear things up a bit for you. When talking with others you can refer to your 'mates' in other words 'friends' but to use it casually in an every day setting, especially to strangers is really quite old fashioned. I don't mean to sound snobbish but it is a term that really has gone out of general use, especially in the cities. Some people could take exception to being addressed as 'mate' by a stranger.

About the cost of living. Perth is a very expensive city. Food, accommodation and transport are a very great deal dearer than you are used to in your home country, so I think it would be wise to do quite a bit of research before you come as you wouldn't want to ruin your holiday because you are unaware of prices.

15. Re: Experience and expenditure in Perth?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 18, 2014