We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accommodation for one night

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
accommodation for one night

My family and I, together with some friends, are getting together and sending my mum and dad to perth for a long overdue (read 30 years) honeymoon as a surprise.

the flights are organised, but i'd like to book a nights accommodation somewhere in Perth for them. The reason for only one night is so that they can decide what to do for the rest of the week themselves.

I am after somewhere nice, but not over the top in terms of price. Perhaps in the range of $100-$150 i guess, although never having been to Perth, I'm open to all suggestions.

It can be a hotel, motel, bed and breakfast, whatever. But as its meant to be their honeymoon, then a well presented, comfortable and nice place is what I'm after.

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
658 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accommodation for one night

Have a look at the reviews for SULLIVANS Hotel on this forum. Its located at 166 Mounts Bay Rd, Perth in area considered reasonably safe. It's not a super hi-rise hotel and it's only two stars but from all accounts it seems like a pleasant place to stay, there is parkland and river nearby, is on bus routes, could be a little busy traffic-wise in the mornings but it seems to fit within your budget.

Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: accommodation for one night

thanks. i'll have a look.

turns out i have more money to spend, around the $150 - $200 mark.

Perth, WA, Australia
Level Contributor
307 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accommodation for one night

Hi Kittencat, for $150 - $200 for one night I would look at booking the Sheraton Hotel in Perth, or even the Novotel Langley in Perth. They both have great views from nearly every room, and the rooms are a decent size and quite romantic (it is there honeymoon afterall).

The hotels are across the road from each other, and are within walking distance to the shopping in the city, and down to the foreshore for a pleasant stroll in the sun (depending on what time of year you have booked.

Hope this helps.

J

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,858 posts
1,348 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accommodation for one night

Crowne Plaza is a nicely priced hotel with comfortable rooms, with balconies overlooking the river. The suite is gorgeous but probably over your budget. Its huge with elegant furniture and awesome bathrooms. Very romantic. The staff are so friendly, and the restaurant is terrific.

5. Re: accommodation for one night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 14, 2009