We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay and what to do in Perth for half a day?

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, New South...
1 post
Save Topic
Where to stay and what to do in Perth for half a day?

Hi there,

My wife and I will be traveling from Sydney to Perth on our way to Bali this coming Thursday & staying the night.

Any recommendations on what area to stay?

Anything we should do in the short time we are there?

Thanks!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,663 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay and what to do in Perth for half a day?

Stay where you can find a bed - Accommodation is tight and relatively expensive in Perth.

Go to Kings Park or to Cottesloe beach to watch the sunset...

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
256 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay and what to do in Perth for half a day?

Don't know what your budget is but wotif shows two cheapish - the Pensione in the city and the Ibis Budget on Great Eastern highway. Of those I'd take the Pensione for location right in the city and access to the airport shuttle (both are reviewed here).

Take the #37 bus on St Georges Terrace to Kings Park for great views, excellent treetop walk and fabulous gift shop. The bus takes you right into the park and is free as are all buses within the CBD. Perth city is pretty quiet at night but the Blue CAT bus will take you to Northbridge for lots of restaurants. Try La Cholita for yummy Mexican. Or try Miss Mauds famous smorgasboard (opposite the Pensione).

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay and what to do in Perth for half a day?

I am another fan of Kings Park for you .. the view is great.

Miss Maud Hotel includes breakfast in the room... so I hope you find something!

Or you could stay at the beach ... have a look at the Beach Manor on Scarborough Beach .. views of the sunset, breakfast by the pool.

4. Re: Where to stay and what to do in Perth for half a day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 12, 2014