We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel dates to Perth / Western Australia

Singapore
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel dates to Perth / Western Australia

We are planning to make a week's trip to Perth, Western Australia.

There are two slots available (it's the school holidays):-

1. 25th May - 9 June 2013,

2. 7th - 18th August 2013.

Can anybody advise when would be a better time to go, given that the weather and season has been going haywire lately? I know the first option is the end of autumn and the second, is the end of winter.

The kids will be with us (a toddler, a preschooler and a teenager). It will be hell for us if the kids are cooped up indoors the whole day because of the weather.

I am thinking of a farmstay down south for a couple of days before the rest of the time in Perth. Maybe a day's drive to the PInnacles as well.

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Special Offer
Swan Valley Wine Gourmet Wine Cruise...
274 Reviews
from $65.10*
$130.20
Rottnest Island from Perth or...
124 Reviews
from $96.70*
Special Offer
Caversham Wildlife Park, the...
146 Reviews
from $132.50*
$165.70
Special Offer
Margaret River Wines, Mammoth Cave...
125 Reviews
from $132.50*
$165.70
Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
4,086 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel dates to Perth / Western Australia

I am inclined to think end of May.

Climate data

bom.gov.au/climate/…cw_009225.shtml

Wouldn't worry if there is some rain. Just make sure you have some wet weather gear and get out and enjoy the beautiful natural environment. Great to experience the waves crashing at the beach and smell the bush after rain-if we do get some rain then!

Farmstay would be a lot of fun. In Perth there are great play grounds in Kings Park and even your teenager might enjoy him/herself.

Lottery west, Synergy and Naturescape playgrounds

…wa.gov.au/kings-park/…synergy-parkland

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
23,919 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel dates to Perth / Western Australia

Option 1 is likelier to have milder/drier weather than option 2.

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel dates to Perth / Western Australia

6 of one and half a doz of the other imo. In the past few years May is the month in which the season 'breaks' so it could be just as wet then as in August. Bearing in mind that our rain comes in a frontal whoosh and then disappears for a few days.

Your children won't be impressed by a long day trip to the Pinnacles, so I'd give that idea a miss too.

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
Level Contributor
2,931 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel dates to Perth / Western Australia

My crystal ball tells me that there will be constant rain on both options but clear skies for the period in-between.

:-p

5. Re: Travel dates to Perth / Western Australia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 01, 2014