We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perth weather

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southhampton
2 posts
Save Topic
Perth weather

I am contemplating flying in from the U.K. in February to Perth - is this a silly idea, I am getting the feeling that it is going to be unbareably hot, would March be any cooler? or should I delay the trip until Sept Oct time?

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,237 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Perth weather

The point, which clearly you have missed, is that there is no need to chide other posters

>>Remember Perth people that the OP is from UK.<<

Yes, we all knew that.

Since reading for comprehension does not seem to be your strong suit,

>>Which "one" said to come when very hot?<<

That would be poster #6.

12. Re: Perth weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:17 am, December 16, 2012
Edited: 9:17 am, December 16, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,008 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Perth weather

If you want to delete your posts you simply select the option to do so.

Yorkfoodie was simply pointing out that your total lack of observational skills led to you accusing us all of exactly the opposite of what we had advised the OP. had you bothered to read for a few seconds you would have noticed that.

14. Re: Perth weather

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:17 am, December 16, 2012
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
151 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Perth weather

Are you coming for a 'beachy vacation'? We do get heatwaves where it does get very hot, but if you look at averages Perth actually isn't that bad. Our February mean is about 30C, that's actually similar to the Greek Islands of the French Riveria. We're talking averages here, heatwaves skew perceptions.

BUT recent summers have been getting hotter so expect higher than average temps. It all depends on what you want to do. For me, actually, even a warm winter's day in Perth isn't too cold for the beach. If you're used to English beaches then you won't have any problem with it. May in Perth is similar to an English summer. If you don't care about the beach at all, then any other time of year is preferable except maybe midwinter.

Perth
Level Contributor
76 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Perth weather

.......and I prefer February and March to September. Yes it's hot (definately not humid) and you can always go down south (Margaret River, Busselton) if there is a heat wave. It does start to cool off a little in April though can still get the odd day in the high 30's. That we be my pick of the times. September can be very windy- and too cold for the beach.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Perth weather

u need to be careful in the heat.

smh.com.au/wa-news/boy-dies-after-hiking-in-…

perth
Level Contributor
199 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Perth weather

September - November. Sunny days, cooler nights - can get some windy days.

Feb/March may be super hot however in those months are some beautiful evenings. During the day all you can really do is stay in aircon or at the beach! Beaches look amazing at that time of the year too.

19. Re: Perth weather

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 27, 2013