We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perth weather

Southhampton
2 posts
Save Topic
Perth weather

I am contemplating flying in from the U.K. in February to Perth - is this a silly idea, I am getting the feeling that it is going to be unbareably hot, would March be any cooler? or should I delay the trip until Sept Oct time?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,726 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perth weather

September - October are much nicer weather wise in Perth. Plus it is wildflower season, if you are interested.

February and March can be very VERY hot and Feb in particular is known for the high humidity.

If you can choose when to visit, I'd definitely go for mid-late Sept.

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perth weather

I agree with Perthite.

September is beautiful, usually good weather, fabulous wildflowers either to drive out and see, or a great display of them in Kings' Park. Also everything looks better after the winter rains :-)

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,756 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perth weather

Weather in Sept-Oct is much more pleasant than Feb-Mar, with the added bonus as Shiels points out that it is also wildflower season in WA.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,809 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Perth weather

Feb and March is just plain vile - especially for someone coming from a region unaccustomed to those kinds of temps. We can get weeks in the high 30s and low 40s. Very hot nights. And if there are cyclones in the northwest - Perth cops it by way of very high humidity.

April/May and Sept/Oct are much nicer.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,462 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Perth weather

I personally hate February in WA, to the extent that I'd be away the entire month if I could.

The heat really puts a damper on things. March is pretty darn hot too.

If you can, suggest you visit April/May or Aug/Sept/Oct.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
153 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Perth weather

Well, I am clearly not normal - Feb/March is my favourite time of year! But I love the beach and the heat, so there you go. End of March/April is a lovely time of year - the wind drops, the nights are balmy and you can still enjoy the beautiful warm beach weather Perth has to offer without the stiffling heat.

Beware that although the wildflowers are beautiful and there are some amazing spring days in Sept/October, that time of the year can also be quite cold, and the wind bitter. We often have friends visit from the eastern states bringing no jumper only to be amazed by how cold it is here. The minimum temps in Perth are about the same as the min. temps. in Melbourne over winter. I would say you can be really lucky or really unlucky with the weather at this time of the year.

On the other hand, October is also whale watching season.

Helpful much? he he Just giving a different perspective from a local :)

7. Re: Perth weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:16 am, December 16, 2012
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,756 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Perth weather

John, I think if you reread the replies you will see that in the main the posters were very aware the OP is from the UK and crafted our answers accordingly.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,809 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Perth weather

Exactly. We all said much the same - ie "don't" !! Only one with the differing opinion who would prefer the poor pale skinned Brit burns half to death - said differently !!

10. Re: Perth weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:16 am, December 16, 2012