We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No airconds in bedrooms?

Kuala Lumpur...
8 posts
Save Topic
No airconds in bedrooms?

May I know why most apartments dont provide airconds or fans in bedrooms? What happen during summer? Will it be so cool that these are not needed?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,809 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No airconds in bedrooms?

Which apartments ?

Mindreading is not in our skillset here.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,757 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No airconds in bedrooms?

are you referring to Australia..??? having no aircon or at least fans ..never come across such a thing

Kuala Lumpur...
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: No airconds in bedrooms?

I mean in Perth. Most apts come with only airconds in lounge. City Stay Apartment and Mont Clare are amongst them. In fact most two bedrooms apts only have air cond in lounge.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,757 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No airconds in bedrooms?

okay .....but you will find that the volume will be enough to flow thourgh and be cool enough

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No airconds in bedrooms?

I understand where you are coming from. When we lived in KL our 3 bedroom apartment came equipped with 5 air conditioners. You'll find it's not necessary in Australia - especially in Perth. They have the Fremantle Doctor to keep them comfortable at night. A wonderfully cooling sea breeze that comes in every evening An air con in every room is not common here.

Kuala Lumpur...
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: No airconds in bedrooms?

Thank you for all yr replies. Perhaps I need to get an apartment on higher levels. Is South Perth or East Perth a better place to stay ?

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,204 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: No airconds in bedrooms?

Both areas are very nice. We often stay in East Perth, but will be staying in a few weeks time, at Peninsula Apartments in South Perth;

http://www.thepeninsula.net/

It is a great location, close to shopping restaurants, the river and the ferry into Perth.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,809 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: No airconds in bedrooms?

Eva seriously ???? Have you actually been to Perth ? The freo doctor is a breeze around 2 or 3pm and is only cool if you are standing on the beach at the exact moment it occurs. It has never in living memory cooled homes through the night.

For the OP - some places will have aircon in just the living area and it will spread into bedrooms. Others will have units in multiple rooms. Others again may have ducted aircon with vents in multiple rooms. It's all pretty standard and no different to the set up in most people's homes.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,726 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: No airconds in bedrooms?

In Perth we lived 10kms from the beach. Rarely did we get the Dr arrive. If you live right on the coast, as I did as a child, then Yes, the Dr may be sufficient to cool your home but it does die down during the night. Some days, it doesn't come in at all. Many variables with the weather.

As for air con only in the living areas, as has been posted earlier, the effects should flow through to the bedrooms.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: No airconds in bedrooms?

Unless you are staying in very cheap accommodation, the air con in just the living room will be powerful enough to cool the bedrooms also.

I spent a number of weeks one summer staying with friends in their caravan annex at Scarborough - I would have killed for even a pedestal fan:)