We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perth Itinerary - am i missing anything good?

7 posts
Save Topic
Perth Itinerary - am i missing anything good?

Hi, I'll be going to Perth on the 21st - 30 Sept.

So far, I planned on visiting

1. Frementle for fish and chips

2. Frementle morning market

3. Kings park

4. Millpoint

5. Margaret river (which are the best wineries, brewery, cheese & choclate tasting?)

6. Busselton Jetty

7. Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse

I was wondering if Lancelin and Pinnacles a MUST visit place.

Planing a trip for my family of 6. youngest being 21 and oldest , 55..One of their first trip to Australia. Thank you in advance for your kind replies and advises. Hope this will be a wonderful trip for them!!

Ps.

Are there any good malls around? The ones I;ve listed down so far is:

carousel

Harbour Town

City

King's street

Claremont Quarter City

Garden City

And i heard Hippo Creeks serves awesome steaks. i wonder what other restaurants i can visit throughout the whole trip?

Perth
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Perth Itinerary - am i missing anything good?

As with other replies - you definately need to see some beaches in Perth Cottesloe is one of the most famous but they are all beautiful.

Personally I wouldn't rate Perth's shopping (I live in Perth) it is expensive and choice not great compared to other Australian cities like Melb or Sydney.

All the wineries in Margaret River are really good the Margaret River website margaretriver.com will give you a better idea of what to do and where to go for wineries, food tasting etc.

Not sure that you will fit both a trip to Margaret River, along with Perth and Lancelin into your 7 day itinerary though when you take into account the travel times.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,282 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Perth Itinerary - am i missing anything good?

The owner of the original Little Caesar's in Mundaring has won a lot of pizza making awards, including the World Champion Pizza Maker at the Las Vegas Pizza Show:

littlecaesarspizzeria.com.au/index.php/about…

They're great pizzas, but we get them because they're great and on the way home for us. DH has found another really really good pizza place in the northern suburbs (well located if you've just some from a roller derby game ;-) ), but I don't recall the name.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,430 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Perth Itinerary - am i missing anything good?

Good to know, thanks.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
98 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Perth Itinerary - am i missing anything good?

Definitely Rottnest for day trip from Perth Jetty. Suggest 2 night stay in Busselton with day trips to Margaret river which is about 30 min drive away from Busselton. Can get tours. Day trip to Fremantle is good. Forget Manning and I assume Millpoint is Mill Point road in South Perth. You can catch ferry from CBD to there and wander on foreshore. Also upmarket restaurants on Foreshore. Zoos within walking distance too. For beaches Perth has loads. Give Hillarys a look at too. Hope you enjoy.

15. Re: Perth Itinerary - am i missing anything good?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 26, 2013