We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Transport to Lottery West Family area (Ivy Watson PG)

Singapore
Level Contributor
62 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Public Transport to Lottery West Family area (Ivy Watson PG)

Hi I am travelling with young children to Perth and was hoping to rely on public transport. Is it possible to take a bus to Kings Park Road and stop at the bus stop before Outram St and walk to the Lottery West Family Area? I can't tell if it is a walkable area or if the distance is actually further than it appears. Thanks!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public Transport to Lottery West Family area (Ivy Watson PG)

You can get the free red CAT bus service from the city, which goes from East Perth through the CBD to Outram Street in West Perth.

Here's the link on the Transperth website...

…wa.gov.au/UsingTransperth/Highfrequencybuss…

Singapore
Level Contributor
62 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public Transport to Lottery West Family area (Ivy Watson PG)

Thanks. I am interested to know if it is practical to walk from the bus stop to the Lottery West Play Area. Does the road have a pedestrian walkway or is it meant for cars only? Is it too far a walk with young children?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public Transport to Lottery West Family area (Ivy Watson PG)

Yes you can walk ... the red CAT bus goes to the corner of Outram and Ord Streets ... it's 5 minutes to Kings Park Road. Kings Park Road is a dual carriage with rose gardens in the middle ... so you can cross very easily.

Click on this link ... on the left hand side click on the CAT map ... it will show you the red CAT bus route.

www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Default.aspx…

Edited: 12:22 pm, August 21, 2012
Singapore
Level Contributor
62 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public Transport to Lottery West Family area (Ivy Watson PG)

Thanks!

I see a bus stop on Google Map on Kings Park Road right outside:

http://goo.gl/maps/z7eW2

Kings Park Rd Before Outram St

Buses from this station:

Stop ID: 10096

transperth.wa.gov.au

5. Re: Public Transport to Lottery West Family area (Ivy Watson PG)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, August 23, 2013