We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus from international airport terminal late at night

UK
Level Contributor
37 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
bus from international airport terminal late at night

I will be landing in Perth at 22:35. Apart from a taxi, can i get a bus that late at night to Leederville? if so, would I have to change buses somewhere in the CBD?

The idea of using a bus is to keep the cost down. Do you think i would just be better off paying the money and getting a taxi?

many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
24,015 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus from international airport terminal late at night

Besides being very awkward you'd have to take the inter terminal shuttle to the Domestic Terminal then get the bus and change buses, to be blunt I would not recommend anyone take the bus that late at night. I would have concerns for your safety. Plus by the time you clear Customs and Immigration it would be even later and you're running the risk of no buses at all.

I appreciate wanting to keep costs down but this is one instance where you're better off biting the bullet and shelling out for a taxi.

UK
Level Contributor
37 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus from international airport terminal late at night

thank you

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
16,281 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus from international airport terminal late at night

Not only would I not be catching buses at that hour - I would definitely not be hanging round the bus stations at that hour. If the drivers dont feel safe i can guarantee you its for good reason . My safety cut off time for Perth public transport is 6.30pm !

Aside from that we don't have "all night" public transport in Perth.

Absolutely get a taxi. It's really not worth the penny punching given what you have already spent on airfare.

Mentioned in this post
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bus from international airport terminal late at night

Give Airport Sunset Coach a call. Remember there is a 7-hour time difference.

I have used them, so has my son and I've recommended them to others.

They will pick up and drop off at either airport terminals and their base isn't far from Leederville. And they are very nice people.

5. Re: bus from international airport terminal late at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, August 21, 2013