We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

finding old friends in perth

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
353 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
finding old friends in perth

hope someone might be able to help me....i lived in perth for a year in 1988, as an exchange student. i lived in rossmoyne & ferndale, and went to school at all saints college.

i have been trying w/o success to get in touch w/ old friends of mine from perth. is there a website anyone knows of where i could search for phone numbers/addresses? i could only find a site where you could search last names, and first initials only. not so helpful....

if anyone might have any ideas for me, i'd greatly appreciate it!! i loved your beautiful city, and hope to make it back there someday.........

Australia
Level Contributor
199 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: finding old friends in perth

Try Schoolfriends.com and enter the name of your school.

Fremantle, Western...
Level Contributor
681 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: finding old friends in perth

I agree with the above poster. Schoolfriends.com would be the main one here. It is now called Friends United.

http://www.friendsreunited.com.au/

You went to a very good school! They have one of the best swim clubs in the state.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
353 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: finding old friends in perth

thanks for your help!! i'll try that website. do your phone books there only list people's first initials, and not their whole first name?

ausmum--when i lived there, i worked in a health food store in the fremantle markets (can't remember the name of the store). the owner and his girlfriend were from philadelphia, and i'm from pittsburgh (both cities are in the state of pennsylvania, about a 5 hour drive apart). are the markets still there?

Fremantle, Western...
Level Contributor
681 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: finding old friends in perth

Yes, the Fremantle Markets are still there. I believe they will be there for the next 100 years!

Phone books here mostly only use initials.

Try typing some names in an Australian based search engine. You may even come across peope that way.