We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in December

Strathaven, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in December

We are coming to Perth in December for 3 weeks approximately, and from reading some websites I am confused as to what the weather will be like. Can someone tell me what the temperature will be approximately.

Level Contributor
36 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in December

Weather should be in the mid 30 region (degrees celcius).

Don't worry too much about being hot as all shops are air conditioned and it is great excuse to spend lots of time at the great beaches!

Western Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in December

This site will give you current weather and history:

http://www.worldweather.org/185/c00314.htm

December is usually very pleasant, but you still may need a long sleeved shirt in the evenings - it would be rare to need a jacket, although occasionally the weather spikes to high 30's and maybe a couple of hot nights. It's a very dry (humidity) climate and quite different from Scottish weather - I've worn a t-shirt in 9degrees in Aberdeen and a jacket in 9deg. in Perth!

Strathaven, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in December

Thanks Oldgirl and Davo for your replys and information.

Does it rain in December ?

perth
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in December

Sometimes but not likely. It gets pretty hot around christmas time (35 degrees celsius). Good time to go to cottesloe beach!

Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in December

December weather in Perth can be very variable. Sometimes you can get a cool (mid 20C's) day and even rain on Christmas day. We are having a slow start to Spring with fairly low temperatures so I wouldn't think that summer will hit early this year. It can get very hot by Christmas (mid 30's plus) but it is unlikely. You are more likely to have temperatures in the high 20's to low 30's. It is generally a dry heat at this time of the year with humidity fairly low. Hopefully wherever you are staying has air-conditioning so you shouldn't get too hot. Most people can cope with the heat during the day as long as our beloved "Fremantle Doctor" (sea breeze) comes in and cools things down before nightfall. If all else fails, a dunk in the pool/ocean should cool you down enough to sleep comfortably!