We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good COffee in Perth

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Good COffee in Perth

HI,

I am travelling to Perth next week and wanted to find some good Baristas and cafes.

I will be staying at the Hyatt

Any suggestions?

London, UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good COffee in Perth

There are a few good areas in Perth that are known for their cafe's.

Firstly there is Fremantle which has an abundance of cafe's and has a very lively and casual feel (there is also a huge market and pleantly of seafood restaurants there). Then there is Leederville and Subiaco which are good as well but a little more quiet than Fremantle.

All of these place are on the main train lines (Fremantle is at the end of the Fremantle line, Subiaco is a few stop from Perth on the Fremantle Line, and Leederville is a few stop from Perth on the Currambine Line) They are all within easy walking distances from the train line and pretty obvious to find - just follow all the other people getting off the train.

The Hyatt is more in the business end of town but you can get free CAT buses from there into Perth City main train station (probably take 5 mins on bus and a 15 min walk) There are cafe's in the shopping areas there plus a few scattered about for the business people working in the CBD.

Hope you have a good trip and find some good coffee!

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good COffee in Perth

Hi Paulboy,

One fabulous cafe where the coffee has been exclusively blended by the owner is "Boccelli's" in Forest Chase, which is part of the Murray Street mall, in between Myer and the Post Office.

The winner and the third placed "Best Baristas in Western Australia" both work there. 300 baristas vied for the title, and as I said, two of the three best in the state work there.

The food is fabulous, extremely fresh with the breads being baked on the premises every morning. It has alfresco seating, so you can sit there and watch the world go by.

You'll be impressed.

West Australia
Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good COffee in Perth

Hi Paulboy,

I wholeheartedly agree with athena- Bocelli's is fanastic and IMHO the best coffee in the city!

Hope you have a great time.