We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shortest route to Pemberton from Perth

singapore
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Shortest route to Pemberton from Perth

Hi

Need some advice here.. what is the shortest driving route to Pemberton from Perth city? South Western highway or Old Coast Highway?

Thanks

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
24,865 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shortest route to Pemberton from Perth

There's about 15km difference (Old Coast Hwy, cut across at Australind Bypass is the shorter), so it doesn't really matter. Pick the route you think would best suit you.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shortest route to Pemberton from Perth

Dear Coldwintersq

If you go to google maps and type in Perth to Pemberton it will show you map with the route highlighted on it. Print it out on your computer and your done. The other option is if you are hiring a car ask for GPS it will certainly make it a lot easier.

Cheers

PS Why do peaple from singapore put sq at the end of their "tags"? I know sq is short for singapore, so is that why you do it? Just curious??? Its cute.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
24,865 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shortest route to Pemberton from Perth

Google Maps will only give the Old Coast Rd-cut across at Australind Bypass to Great Southern Hwy Route. (I know, I tried this morning :-) ). If you want to go the Gt Stn Hwy way you have to route Perth-Armadale then Armadale-Pemberton.

I prefer

www.whereis.com

as you can tailor the route with specific towns to pass through, which you don't seem to be able to do with Google Maps.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Moab
Level Contributor
3,538 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shortest route to Pemberton from Perth

With Googlemaps you can click and drag the proposed route to other towns or alternate routes. It then quickly recalculates time and distance automatically.

singapore
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Shortest route to Pemberton from Perth

Thanks. I've tried google maps.. and it's works.

"where is" doesn't seem to have Karri Valley chalet address. Kept prompting me they don't have such addresses. Just wondering which route would be easier to drive, I'm worried of getting lost.

howzatperth, haha.. now you mentioned, I am trying to recall why did I add sg in the tag in the first place.. No special reason I guess.. or probably I was hoping singapore could have 4 seasons like Australia at that time:P

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
7,006 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shortest route to Pemberton from Perth

You can't really get lost if you stay on the main roads and follow the signposts. Get yourself a paper map from the Tourist Bureau either in the City, at the Airport or from any of the country towns you will pass through to get to Pemberton - Still prefer them to satnav.

From Karri Valley site (pretty good IMO):

Directions to Karri Valley Resort

Starting Journey from PERTH…

The total travelling distance is approximately 335 km's. Please allow about 3 ½ - 4 hours of travelling time. There are two routes: either the 'Old Coast Road' or the 'South Western Highway' to Bunbury. The 'Old Coast Road' from Mandurah to Bunbury is slightly quicker, as there are no towns to go through. Then continue with from Bunbury Bypass direction for the rest of the way by following one of the options below:

Option A: Via Bussell Highway…

At the big round about before Bunbury, turn on to Bunbury Bypass. Follow the signs to Busselton, along the Bussell Highway. Just about 8 km before Busselton, take the left hand side turn on to Sues Road, following the signs to Nannup & Pemberton. We are on Vasse Highway itself, about 57 km after Nannup and 22 km before you get to Pemberton. When the speed limit changes to 70 km, we are about 2 minutes from here. After this sign there is an intersection of Hop Garden Road, keep travelling a bit further and Karri Valley Resort will be on your left side. Please drive in to get to the Reception & Restaurant.

Option B: Via South Western Highway...

At the big round about before Bunbury, turn on to Bunbury Bypass. Follow South Western Highway through Donnybrook, Bridgetown and then Manjimup. Turn right onto Vasse Highway heading towards Pemberton. About 3 km past Pemberton, turn right to continue on the Vasse Highway. There is a blue sign stating 'Karri Valley Resort 17 km' as well at this intersection. Follow the Vasse Highway and when the speed limit changes to 70 km, we are about 2 minutes away. Karri Valley Resort will be on your right side just before Hop Garden Road. Please drive in to get to the Reception & Restaurant.

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
121 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shortest route to Pemberton from Perth

Definetely head to Bunbury from Perth, and thhen towards Donnybrook, through Manjimup.

8. Re: Shortest route to Pemberton from Perth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, September 28, 2009