We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On own in Perth for 2/3 nights- Where to stay, go, drink etc

Brit in Beijing
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
On own in Perth for 2/3 nights- Where to stay, go, drink etc

Hi!

I have been to Perth before but I'm a bit stuck this time!

I will be in Perth for 2 or 3 nights in July. I know...not good weather :( I have never spent any time on my own in a city before and I'm worried that I'll get a bit bored, especially in the evenings.

I'm looking for a place to stay in Perth somewhere that will be safe for a single, young girl (Im 23)... yes, I know I'm being paranoid. I don't fancy dorms or hostels but it would be great if it were somewhere that isn't just filled with business types.

The hotel needs to be somewhere near places I can get food in the evening without the benefit of a car.

I would love to hear of any good pubs/bars where I can go where I won't be looked at for being a total freak for being on my own.

I don't know anyone in the city, I can't drive and because I'll be doing some massive long hauls the days before and after I don't want to leave Perth.

I don't want to give the idea that I'm really precious. I just havent been on my own in a city before and I'm worried I'll go mad!

Thank you!

Hel

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,712 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: On own in Perth for 2/3 nights- Where to stay, go, drink etc

It is actually between $45 - $50 for Airport to Esplanade Hotel at current rates (variance is time of day and the two different Airport locations).

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,712 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: On own in Perth for 2/3 nights- Where to stay, go, drink etc

I forgot to add, there is a shuttle service available which is cheaper and runs 24/7.

westernaustralia.com/en/Pages/Transport.aspx…

western australia
Level Contributor
170 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: On own in Perth for 2/3 nights- Where to stay, go, drink etc

Dont ever rely on a taxi in Perth either!

14. Re: On own in Perth for 2/3 nights- Where to stay, go, drink etc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, September 23, 2009