We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation

Strathaven, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation

We are coming to Perth in December and would like to book accomodation for our first three nights to get over our jetlag. We would like a centrally located hotel as we will have no car for the first few days. Can anyone suggest a cheap and centrally located hotel within walking distance of pubs/restaurants?

Western Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation

One I can recommend is Miss Maud's Hotel in Murray St. It has comfy old fashioned rooms, but its main feature is the breakfast which is included in the room price (we hardly bothered with lunch when we stayed there). The main restuarant and hotel area is Northbridge which is probably 15 mins walk. Although I have had no problems it is worth being wary when walking around the city railway station area at night. Enjoy your stay

singapore
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation

Hi scotsgal,

Not sure what is considered cheap to you but Ibis hotel is centrally located.Definitely in the city itself.I myself rented a car from Hertz at Milligan St just walking distance.

Strathaven, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation

Thanks for your replies.

We are staying in Miss Maud's hotel at the end of our 3 week trip so would like somewhere else for the first few days.

I will have a look at the Ibis as it is one hotel that we haven't considered. Does anyone recommed Sullivan's hotel?

Perth
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation

Cheapest car rental in Perth is : www.bayswatercarrental.com.au

They are "off-airport" , but have a depot in the city centre.

Cheap but within 10 mins walk of Northbridge which is the pub/club district and is also in the centre of CBD; is the Grand Chancellor.

Is fairly reviewed on tripadvisor as plain but cheap.

see www.wotif.com.au for around A$90.00 per night.

Strathaven, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation

Thanks for your info, we usually book our hire car through Trailfinders with Avis.

Do you know if bayswater car rental is cheaper than Avis? Is it a reputable company?

Geraldton, West...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodation

Have stayed at the Sullivans. Okay, but not very central. There is a free bus service right at the front door though.

The Ibis is very central, but the rooms are quite small.

The Goodearth is fairly central, pretty cheap, certainly not flash but if you just need a bed should be okay. Hope this helps. Enjoy your stay. I hope it's not too hot for you!!