We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Info on The Emerald hotel or Quest on James Apts?

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
melbourne
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Any Info on The Emerald hotel or Quest on James Apts?

Hello

does anyone know about The Emerald Hotel or Quest on James Apts? We are interested in knowing about lacation of the properties, are they within walking distance to the CBD , restaurants and CAT system?

Also in finding out about the quality of the property..

We are a family of 3 travellingf to Perth for 5 days at the end of the month

Thanks

leslie

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Info on The Emerald hotel or Quest on James Apts?

Hope this isn't too late, but I'd avoid the Emerald if I were you. Stayed there last September, and while it is nominally in the CBD, it's actually quite a hike from the real CBD, especially if you have kids in tow. There's nowhere nearby where you can get dinner, milk etc (though they sell a few wildly overpriced staples at reception, but nothing you could actually cook with). And room service is completely unreliable (eg, order, an hour later ring and chase up, ring again after twenty minutes to be told the chef's gone home and that's just tough luck - no effort to help you find a meal or to apologise or adjust the bill).

ALso, the kitchenette is not a real kitchen - there is a cold-water sink and a small, incredibly low-powered microwave, but no actual cooking utensils or facilities.

I stayed there because I thought a CBD location and a kitchenette would save money, but in reality it has neither and you would be a lot better off spending a bit more money and staying somewhere that is genuinely more central.