We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
Level Contributor
72 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary help

Hi

We are going to Australia in early March for the first time, flying to Perth. We want to spend some time on the beach, but also sight seeing, walking, snorkling and visiting wineries. Our proposed itinerary is:

5 nights Fremantle, possibly south beach, is it possible to get public transport into the centre of Fremantle from there day and night. We intend to visit Perth, Rottnest Island, Rockingham and the Swan Valley whilst in Fremantle.

3 nights in Denmark

2 nighs in Pemberton

5 nights in Margaret River. I have looked at the map and the distances from from Margaret River to Busselton in the north and Augusta in the south are about 25 miles, which is the furthest we would want to go, are the roads OK around this area?

We are looking at self catering accommodation, either apartments or cottages.

Sorry for asking so many questions, but we want to make the most of our visit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Liane4

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,076 posts
1,390 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Itinerary help

Dear Liane,

Just to totally confuse you,

I would be heading up North to Ningaloo reef, to swim with the Whale sharks and Mantra rays...it's a unique experience which a glass of good Margaret River wine doesn't come near to.(Miles and miles apart).

You asked for traveling advice, my advice to you if you want to see something absolutely spectacular and unique which you will never see again in your lifetime is to see Ningaloo Reef before it's destroyed by developers.

Em.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,698 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Itinerary help

March is too early for whale sharks, EM and TBO, I don't think Ningaloo will be destroyed in our lifetime.

Liane4 - you have had great advice from many posters - don't need anymore from me. I don't think there is much to add anyway! :-)

Enjoy whatever/wherever you go.

London
Level Contributor
94 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Itinerary help

There's also a brewery on site at the yalling forest resort, so that might tempt the hubby and yourself.. :)

perth
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Itinerary help

hello there, i live in Perth WA and it looks like you have a great trip planned!

Down south is a great place to go-you will enjoy it there.. in Margaret River the Caves such as Mammoth and Lake cave are quite beautifu so if you have the time check them out.

i stayed in this great self contained cottage in Margaret River about a year ago.. it was great! close and very cosy! do look at the website below..

www.westwoodcottage.com

Also in Perth take a drive along the coast-along the west coast hwy from fremantle up to Hillarys it is a nice drive on a summer afternoon and there are lots of funky coffee shops and restaurants along the strip-that have top views!

my favourite is the Wild Fig cafe.

hope it helps :)

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Itinerary help

Visiting Ningaloo Reef will be an experience of a lifetime as Ellemay has said. Whale Sharks come march/april and stay till june/july, but early march might be to early to see them. Manta Rays are june-november.

16. Re: Itinerary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, September 17, 2009