We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

white goods

wALES
5 posts
Save Topic
white goods

hi all

info agian can anybody tell me if it is cheaper to ship my white goods over or to buy new when we get to Perth .

thanks

swanseajac

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,924 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: white goods

My brother in law and his family shipped everything over from Ireland and then ended up buying a new fridge because it couldn't cope here i.e. wasn't big enough as you need to put a lot more in a fridge. Similarly with friends from England who should have known beter as they were returning Aussies :-)

If the brand is not sold in Oz it could prove expensive to fix if it breaks down. White goods are expensive here - mind you everything is expensive these days but if you have a good washing machine that is only a few years old it could be worth considering bringing. Depends on whether you will need a half container or full one and whether you have room. Really does come down to personal choice.

Appliances from UK work fine here although plugs need to be changed and some tvs need to be "retuned" or something. If you are interested in cost of white goods have a look at CatalogueCentral.com.au which has many of the most recent catalogues from shops.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
24,153 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: white goods

Prices on white goods can be negotiable in most shops so don't think of a published price as hard and fast. I call around and ask for the best price and can usually save 15%-20% on many purchases, especally for cash.

3. Re: white goods

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, September 06, 2009