We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Perth - HELP!

Gravesend
3 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Perth - HELP!

I am heading to Kuala Lumpar, Langkawi and finally Perth with my fiancee as part of my honeymoon during late July and August. I've been arranging as many special romantic surprises for my other half for the past few weeks and need some help!!!

We are heading to Margaret River and Pemberton on a 5 day break bfore heading back to Perth for the last week. Does anybody have any idea on a final romantic break i can organise? I've looked at heading up towards Monkey Mia and Exmouth but am struggling to find an ideal package. I have a car arranged but am willing to fly if i can find a chepish flight.

1) Does anybody have a website or travel company to reccomend?????

2) Where would be the best place to go, i've head a lot about Kalbaari, Monkey Mia, Kunuurra?

3) Is it worth driving or is it to far for a 5-6 day tour??

I would appreciate as much help as possible!

A greatly confused Groom to be!!

Stuart

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Honeymoon in Perth - HELP!

Congratulations. I think your choice depends on whether you want to get out there and see the remote areas or do it in comfort. The drive to Money Mia is very dull and there is no guarantee you will see the dolphins. "Seeing" them means standing on the water's edge looking at them, not getting into the water and touching them. The drive, however, will give you a great idea of the isolation and distances in Australia and the weather will be warmer than Perth. The southwest offers a lot more accommodation options and things to see. I agree Rottnest can be cold but it is worth seeing even for a night. I stayed in a newly refurbished lakeside room at the Lodge in July 2007 and it was wonderful. The Loose Box is also a fantastic night as you can stay over in one of their beautiful cottages. I'd steer away from Frasers restaurant in Kings Park. I had a meal there this week. It was expensive, $26 for 2 litres of water for our table, and the quality of the food was very ordinary. Take yourself a picnic lunch or barbeque and sit in a more secluded section of the park.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
195 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Honeymoon in Perth - HELP!

Congratulations! What a sweetie! I'm sure you'll find lots of lovely and special things to do without having to go too far afield. I wouldn't try to do too much-our distances are really quite huge. I would definitely head down south to Margaret River-there's some amazingly romantic places to stay around that way. (chalets with spas overlooking the forest etc!) There's lots to do-wineries, caves, brewery, chocolate factory etc and our roads are very good to drive yourself. It's also the nicest time to go in my humble opinion! You should also get some really good deals as it's winter. Make sure you tell people it's your honeymoon-you might get a little more! In Perth, try and get to the C Restaurant. It's a revolving restaurant and has beautiful views over the ocean, hills etc. The last time I went it was great and very romantic. Maybe a limo ride there? Their website is www.crestaurant.com.au. Also, the Joondalup Resort is lovely. If you've got a car hired, then it's about a 25 minute drive North from the city. The restaurant is fantastic but it's also a hotel and I'm sure you'd get treated very well by the staff in view of your special occassion. It is reviewed well on this site. Please let me know if you want any more info. I hope you'll be warmly welcomed when you get here and I really hope all goes well. Let us know!

P.S. Are you from Gravesend in England? It's where my Mum's from!

13. Re: Honeymoon in Perth - HELP!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, September 05, 2009