We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

singapore stopover

Stavanger
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
singapore stopover

We are flying to Perth in March and want to have 3 nightst stop over in Singapore. Can anyone recommend a hotel with a pool (not too expensive) near things we can walk to with 2 small children? Thanks, Rachel.

Cheltenham England
Level Contributor
21 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: singapore stopover

I definately agree with Ellemay, choose the Shangri La Rasa Sentosa on Sentosa island. It is a real holiday island and the kids will love it. The pool is lovely. You can also get to things very quickly by using the cable car. There is a little train to get around the island, which I think is free and also there is a light show for the children which they may enjoy.

England
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: singapore stopover

Have stayed at the YWCA Fort Canning-it has very reasonable rates,large family rooms and a large swimming pool. It's also close to Orchard Road area and over the road is Fort Canning Park - delightful,peaceful and interesting. Ywca is rated 3*plus- I think we booked it through asiarooms.com.

UK
Level Contributor
101 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: singapore stopover

We are doing exact thing in Dec.... i finally came to the decision of the Pan Pacific, what sold me above Traders was for a higher star the price was really good, hoping its all ok

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: singapore stopover

Right decision, Kimpet.

The Pan Pacific's location is definitely a winner over that of Traders. Besides Traders Hotel is catered mainly to business travellers than to the leisure market.

Hope you'll enjoy the glass elevators at the Pan Pacific ... 'coz I really do. And enjoy Marina Bay area where the hotel is. There is just so much to do in that area! In fact, hotels there are usually more expensive than those in Orchard as the area where you're staying is deemed a little more "exclusive" - targeting the slightly more sophisticated traveller.

SEQ, Australia
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: singapore stopover

I leave on Monday for Singapore and as Checkers said, asiabeshotel.com is very helpful and competitive in price. I have booked the Oriental for only $210 SGD all inclusive with breakfast.

Great deal and very much looking forward to getting there!

Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: singapore stopover

We stay at Mercure East Coast and love it there. There are lots of shops nearby and it is in between the airport and the city. Taxi's are cheap so it is ideal. There's a nice pool and there's a bowling alley down the road with excellent cheap food.

have a great trip

Lynn

Canberra

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: singapore stopover

The Mercure Roxy at East Coast is a nice hotel. It's located in a more suburban area of Singapore where you'll get loads of chances to rub shoulders with the locals. It'll be a great choice if you've been to Singapore many times already and now want a different kind of an experience visiting Singapore. But if it's your first trip here, I'd highly recommend that you take a hotel in town where you can explore the highlights of the city.

UK
Level Contributor
101 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: singapore stopover

oo good im glad i made the right decision re the Pan Pacific. Always a gamble when you havent stayed previously, with an over fussy Hubby too ;)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: singapore stopover

Kimpet,

Next time tell the hubby to make the travel plans when you're travelling ... then he'll start to appreciate the diligience his capable and intuitive wife has so consientiously organized. ;-P

UK
Level Contributor
101 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: singapore stopover

LOL checkers

NO S*** !!

My hubby just gets on the plane and says "Are we on holiday then" ?

It's been like a full time job doing the itinery for Aus!!