We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scarborogh Beach, Perth Australia

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Scarborogh Beach, Perth Australia

We (2 adults in 50's) are going to Perth for 4 weeks in December.

Staying in city for fist 2 weeks but then fancied going on to a hotel or self catering in Scarbourgh Beach for some chill time.

Can anyone tell me what the area is like and any info on accommodation if you have some

Cheers folks and many thanks

Western Australia
Level Contributor
523 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scarborogh Beach, Perth Australia

the area is lovely.. quite close to the city

this website might help

totaltravel.com.au/travel/…scarborough

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
195 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scarborogh Beach, Perth Australia

Hi! Have you thought of hiring a car and going a bit further afield-for example, going to Margaret River (where you can really chill out)-there's wineries, a brewery with a restaurant, chocolate factory, caves, great beaches etc-just a thought!

You might also like to try Hillarys Boat Harbour, Sorrento Quay as an alternative to Scarborough. Have a look at their web site- Accommodation is

www.hillarysresort.com.au/accommodation.html

and Sorrento Quay is sorrentoquayboardwalk.com/where-to-find-us.h…

It's literally on the beach with specialty shops and lots of great restaurants as well as safe beaches. There's also AQWA which is an aquarium right at the same spot. You can catch the ferry there for a day trip to Rottnest too. I suggest Sorrento Quay because it's a little more family orientated as opposed to Scarborough which is more teenage orientated. It's just a really nice place to go and choose different restaurants, have a drink and watch the sun go down.

Please let me know what you decide and if you have any more questions-also be sure to bring a jumper because December can have cooler nights these days especially by the beach. Hope you have a wonderful time here!

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scarborogh Beach, Perth Australia

Scarborough Beach has been our home away from home for a couples of times and we're not teenagers, more your age (even older actually). Weekends will be busy here because beaches are great and young folks are doing things we can't do anymore. I mean kitesurfing of course, what else???-lol-

A great place to stay for SC accomodation is at the Seashells Apartments. Not the cheapest option and you nead a reservation long before arrival. Also some excellent restaurants here.

I second Tkd. A visit south of Perth is highly recommended and I think 1 week Perth/Fremantle and 1 week south of Perth is adviceable imo. For your other 2 weeks, maybe visit Cervantes, Geraldton, Kalbarri, Shark Bay and Coral Bay. Awesome!!

Tet

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
658 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scarborogh Beach, Perth Australia

I'm with 'tkd' above. Scarborough is a bit subjective. It depends which property you choose. The beach itself is quite exposed and for the most part, rough (ok if you like to seriously bodysurf or just like to lay on the beach). I would take the Hillarys Resort recommendation seriously.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scarborogh Beach, Perth Australia

Many thanks to everyone who who took the time to reply, all info

greatly appreciatted.

Ta folks

6. Re: Scarborogh Beach, Perth Australia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, August 22, 2009