We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Broome in November

australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Broome in November

Have decided to finally see Broome but unsure what accommodation would best suit a couple at Cable Beach. Would like to have a one bedroom apartment with kitchen facilities. Has anyone stay at the Rendezvous Resort recently. I have read that the resort was still having some minor problems and sounds alittle isolated in location.

Will be staying 7 days and would like to know what are the must places to visit. Can you swim in the water at the beach this time of the year and where are the best places to go and have lunch and tea.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Must finalise the accommodation booking soon.

Cheers

Cyclonewanda

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,492 posts
1,583 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Broome in November

we stayed a cable beach resort and had a fabulous bungalow which i have written a review on (this site) and posted some photos, (copy paste)

Cable Beach Resort is situated approx 10 minute from Broome Airport at Cable Beach. We had a free shuttle bus that picked us up at the airport which was terrific and took us directly to the hotel. On arrival we were given complementary glass of champagne and our check in was fast and efficient. Our room 156 or bungalow was absolutely gorgeous, decorated in a distinctively Bali style with lovely wooden floors and timber shutters on all the windows. Our bungalow consisted of a spacious lounge room with modern furniture and supplied with a large TV and CD player. Our bedroom consisted of a four posted double bed pleasantly decorated with Asian bright coloured pillows. The room also had two large wardrobes with a safe and ironing board.

The open style kitchen was small and neat with a mini bar, microwave, fridge, glasses and cutlery. Beside the kitchen was a small dining table and chairs which lead into an open corridor that had another dining table and some other elegant furniture. The bathroom was absolutely divine with a separate toilet and a large two people shower and two separate vanity units.

The outside area was the best as it was completely private with a veranda that led onto a small courtyard with an outside spa and shower. There were also two deck chairs for sunbaking and an outdoor table setting. Very romantic!

The other fabulous thing about our bungalow was that it had three air conditioners which were absolutely heavenly when it was 40 degrees outside. We loved our bungalow so much that we measured it up so we could design our own for a future holiday home.

The resort itself is large and accommodating with three restaurants and two swimming pools and tennis courts. The pools could do with a major revamp and modernising. The gardens around the resort are lovely; we found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating to our needs.

The best thing about this hotel is the awesome sunsets you can watch whilst having a glass of wine at the oceanfront restaurant….truly beautiful.

PROS: The private bungalows are fantastic and so private. The fine dining restaurant is terrific but dark we couldn’t read the menu. Watching the sunsets magical. Looking at other accommodation in the area The Cable Beach Resort looked the best.

CONS: Swimming pools very ordinary, especially since we couldn’t swim in the ocean due to stingers. My husband left his size 13 shoes behind in the room when we checked out. We rang numerous times to see whether they found them and they said no…we know we left those in the room...Don’t bother with the town markets; I found them to be very ordinary accept the Aboriginal artist displaying her wonderful work... (I kick myself for not buying one) as I read later she is rather famous.

Recommendation: Yes, especially if you have the private bungalow. Other rooms looked ordinary compared to ours but again I suppose that’s what you pay for.

What to Do: Take a camel ride up the beach to watch the sunset. Costs $45.00 for 60 minutes.

Take the local bus into town and check out the pearls…but bring your credit card.

Take the Broome Top Deck Tour this three hour tour will take you through Cable Beach, Broome Town Centre, Gantheaume Point and the Port. Costs: $55.00

Take a scenic flight to the Buccaneer Archipelago or The Kimberley’s. For more details on flights ----. Broome is a very small country town with a shanty appeal; almost all of the buildings are built from iron, so don’t expect a large one, it can be seen by just walking down two streets.

australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Broome in November

Thanks for your comments Ellemay. It sounds like you really enjoyed your accommodation at Cable Beach Resort. I am still undecided and have been looking at the accommodation at the Bali Hai Resort not far from the Cable Beach Resort and looks a very relaxing place to stay.

The prices at the Rendezvous are not too bad as they are offering one night free if you stay more than 3 nights. Did you have a full kitchen facility at the Cable Beach Resort and were the restaurant prices expensive. Did you stay at the resort for your meals or head into town of an evening.

What month of the year did you stay in Broome. Are you able to swim in the ocean in the month of November???

Will definitely do a day trip out of Broome and enjoy a camel ride also. I believe you can take a sunset cruise as well which would be nice.

Cheers

CycloneWanda

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
30,492 posts
1,583 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Broome in November

Hi C/Wanda,

We visited Broome in March and it was still very, very hot and humid. We couldn't swim in the waters as it was still stinger season. (Nov till June). November will also be hot and humid...i am not sure about the wet season up there, maybe check out the weather searching on google for Broome (NOV).

We had dinner in the resort most of the time, as we just wanted to relax and take it easy.Plus we loved our bungalow with private spa. There is a public bus that takes you into town which goes every half an hour from outside the resort. It also stops at Bali Hai, so you could catch the bus to Cable Beach Resort and have dinner at the cafe and watch the sunset.(best of both worlds)

Cable has three restaurants, two on the water and one fine dining restaurant. The fine dining is expensive but very good, the cafes are reasonable but I think the drinks were expensive. Check out if they have "happy Hour" I have a feeling they did......

Hope this helps...

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
30,492 posts
1,583 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Broome in November

i forgot to say, we did have a small kitchnette but not a full kitchen, it had plates, cultery, fridge, mirowave......we used it for breakfast.

perth
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Broome in November

Hi! I am not sure if this will be of much help to you and if you have booked with Rendezvous or not, but figured it was worth a shot. MY husband and I are also travelling to Broome on 4th of November for 5 days and are staying at the rendezvous. We have friends who have been earlier this year and again last week, and stayed at the rendezvous. The first time they went they were a little dissapointed as the restaraunt and pool were still not operating and they found rhe resort to be difficult to enjoy. However, this time they said that although the resort is only half way to being finished, there were 2 nice pools to swim in, the restaurant and liquor license are all okay and functioning now and that there rooms were really nice with t.v, kitchenette, dvd player and ground floor so no balcony but nice private patio area. They said that once it is finished it will be awesome and that they will definitely go back.

We are going with the knowledge that it is still under works, but confident that it will be a great stay anyway

Hope this has been of some use if you decided to go with this hotel. Have a great trip

australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Broome in November

Thanks for your comments Miggsy - we have decided to stay at Bali Hai Resort this time and hope we have made a wise choice. I will endeavour to write up a review when we return from Broome which might help others deciding on accommodation in Broome.

Looking forward to a relaxing and enjoyable holiday - hope you enjoy your stay at the Rendezvous - it would be good to get your feedback too and compare notes.

Cheers

Cyclonewanda

7. Re: Broome in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, August 23, 2009